Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So, what's a yoga mom?


Hey there internet world ~ Well here I am diving into the world of blogging. It seems so strange to me. I mean I just barely learned how to use Power Point! Anyway... a yoga mom... I asked this question because it's a good way to introduce what I'm hoping the scope of this blog might be: A forum for discussion of topics and questions related to family life, yoga, and trying to live a life blending the stresses of the former with the destressors of the latter. So, I'll talk about me and what being a yoga mom means to me. But I also hope that there are other parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, care-givers, etc. who will talk about their lives.


OK - ME FIRST :) Hee hee. Well, there it is, first and foremost, I'm a dork! I can't help it. I was born that way. Honestly, yoga has helped me embrace my inner dork. In yoga we're always talking about "the true self" and "your inner source". My true self is really a big dork. So being a yoga mom, to me, means finding my inner dork and using her to laugh out loud at life.


This blog will have an ongoing theme about what being a yogini means to me. By talking about my inner dork I'm really just starting to discuss the meaning of yoga and my life. I hope that I will be able to share some insight I've gained over my almost 40 years (yikes, did I admit that?). I'll share my triumphs and struggles - and believe me, I struggle all the time. And I hope you will do the same.


So, I'm the San Diego Yoga Mom! Looking forward to meeting you!


Namaste!


Jen

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all these endevers you are taking on! I am glad to have gotten to know you this year. Truthfully,I must tell you,you ARE the most interesting person I have meet in quite some time. It is a pleasure and and honor to watch you grow your b passion into a business. Thank you for introducing me to yoga and I foresee many mom and me yoga sessions to come! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jen! I am so proud of you. I'll be following to see what I can learn about destressing my life.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Jen, can't wait to watch it all unfold for you. Love and miss you.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, you are awesome, incredible, sensitive, beautiful, loving, kind, giving, strong, intuitive, fun, caring, and humble in nature. Thank you for sharing and thank you for caring.

    I am going to be a grandma of twin boys and this yoga mom and gammy is in her prime!!! Happy am I. I am living life and loving it. Yoga has brought me much inner peace and serenity. It is my own personal pain med and mood elevator. I am so very fortunate to have found this therapy to help strengthen, heal and connect my mind and mind.

    I understand what you young moms are going through. I give you the utmost respect. Your day is not done when the little ones are having sweet visions in their heads. Time for mom is difficult to squeeze in but it is important in being kind to your inner self. So do not forget that when loving those little ones, also love you, embrace yourself, and smile at yourself and say, “self I am beautiful”. Laughter can help to bring content, love and joy into your heart. Jen you are very good at this. I try to be forgiving of myself but sometimes it is hard. I try to be forgiving of others and that too can be hard. As a mom, I also find it hard to be willing to receive from others.

    These were all lessons that I have learned and am still learning during my spiritual journey of 51 years of life. And oh boy, do I have some stories to share as a single, working mom of a beautiful daughter, soon to be Mama. My family is 2,000 miles away so all the responsibility was up on my shoulders. I made many mistakes and learned from them because there was no time for procrastination. I just did it! I would pat myself on the back, dust off the seat of my pants, cry a lot, laugh a lot and just do it. No one was there to tell me what a great job I was doing or to suggest to me there are options. However the smile in my little girl’s eyes, the touch of her little hands on my face and her butterfly kisses make it worth it all.

    I am looking forward to our spiritual journey together.

    Blessings and Nameste,


    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn! You are so awesome! I love, love, super love you! I love your posts so much as well! As I am reading this, I am like oh! I need to call her! I want to share some info I found out about HHP schools! Anyway, your blog is inspiring and fun! Keep it up please and I hope I get to see you in August! Miss you!
    Lots of love to you and your beautiful family!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete